What is Unity?
Unity of Fort Collins is dedicated to providing a spiritual home for Unity students to experience Christ Consciousness and to practice the five basic Unity principles.
1. God is good and everywhere present.
2. The spirit of God lives within each person, therefore, all people are inherently good.
3. We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
4. There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our connection to God.
5. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
We acknowledge the Christ in each of us as leader and teacher. We strive to recognize and follow the Love within ourselves and to align all our actions with the Unity principles.
Our unity centers us in light and peace, allowing us to recognize our God within and to radiate that love to the world!
Where is Unity?
We’re at 1401 West Vine Dr. Here’s a map, so you can visit us. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30am – 11:30am.
We have two services on Sunday mornings. The first service is at 9am and tends to be a small group that is quiet and contemplative. The second service is at 10:30am and usually has more folks in attendance and is more boisterous.
Childcare is provided for both services.
Occasionally we combine the two services into one big service that meets at 10am.
These are always on the 5th Sunday of any month.
We have these so that the entire Unity community can come together in one service and celebrate and get to know each other better.
For 2016, those fall on:
Contact Unity of Fort Collins at 970-482-1620 or email using our contact page.
Find out more…
You can find out what Unity is all about by visiting more pages on our website. Unity’s special events, along with articles and photos, are listed on our News & Events page. The Team Unity page has information about our team. For a look at our facilities and a virtual tour of Unity, click here.
Sacred Space & Spiritual Support at Unity
Here at Unity we hold sacred space, listen carefully and respectfully, pray sincerely, and hold in confidence what is shared. If you have a heavy heart, we feel privileged to get to pray with, and for, you. If you have a goal, we want to know how we can support you in that. If you have a celebration (of any kind and size), we want to join you in gratitude. We want to be of service to you. Your sharing is always welcome.
- ~ Peggy keeps open-door, drop-in office hours to serve your spiritual needs during the week, Mon – Thurs, 8:30 – 11:30a
- ~ Spiritual Counseling with Peggy can be arranged by appointment.
- ~ The Prayer Request box is located in the lobby. Feel free to fill out the form and put it into the (locked) prayer box. All requests are kept confidential by Peggy.
- ~ Silent Unity is a 24-hour, 7-days-a-week, even-on-holidays, all-faith, free support service provided by Unity Village, 1-800-Now Pray (669-7729)
Peggy: firstname.lastname@example.org 970. 980. 0656
Grace: email@example.com 970. 482. 1620
Office: 1401 W. Vine Dr.
Fort Collins, CO
Sun – Thurs ~ 8:30am – 11:30am
Visit our Unity Bookstore
What our little bookstore lacks in size, it makes up for in variety. Wonderful music, inspirational books, terrific gift ideas and more. Unity logo apparel is now for sale—Tees and Hoodies. We have a variety of colors and sizes in stock. Stop by and see us, we’re located in the office just past the library and Rumi Room. Bookstore hours correspond to the Office hours: Mon – Thurs, 8:30am – 11:30am.
CD Copies of Weekly Talks
You may purchase a copy of the Sunday talks in the bookstore for a love offering. Our current technology does not allow us to record the music on our weekly CDs.
We have ongoing and one-time projects, small and large, that benefit our Unity church and give you a chance to help out. If you feel serving in this way will enhance your expression of Spirit, please contact the Unity office.
Our labyrinth is located behind the Unity building. It has been reconstructed thanks to the hard work of the Y.O.U. in the past and Marcy Lockhart, who currently loves and maintains it.
Unity also offers:
- ~Spiritual Counseling
- ~Educational Classes and Workshops
- ~Social Groups and Events
- ~Book Study Groups
- ~Community Outreach
- ~Cooperative Preschool
- ~Youth Education
- ~Youth Groups
- ~Musical Celebrations
- ~Wedding Celebrations
- ~Baby Blessings
- ~Memorial Services
- ~Lending Library
- ~Bookstore and Gift Shop
- ~Volunteer Opportunities