Unity of Fort Collins seeks a friendly and effective office administrator to oversee the office, bookstore, and to serve as part of a team to create a welcoming, vibrant spiritual community.
This is a part-time hourly position, typically 12-20 hours/week.
- Provide the first point of contact for members, guests, and inquiries and is responsible for providing an open welcoming face for the Fort Collins Unity community.
- Manage Church office including phones, mail, email, purchasing
- Compile bulletins and make copies as needed for Sunday services
- Help coordinate and plan special events
- Prepare Office/Facilities monthly report for Council Meetings
- Update website, calendar, podcasts, newsletter, and social media
- Schedule/coordinate building and grounds use, cleaning and maintenance
- Assist with recruiting, scheduling and working with volunteers
- Provide support for Sunday morning services, including support for minister, ushers and musicians as needed. Ensure church is prepared before service and cleaned afterward.
- Manage bookstore in cooperation with Spiritual leader
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working in or managing an office
- Familiarity with computer software including word processing and publishing, website, spreadsheets, facebook, google docs, mailchimp, paypal, etc
- Ability to assist with oversite of church building and grounds maintenance
- Energetic, outgoing individual who enjoys serving as part of a team
- Available for work on weekends and holiday functions
- Desired Qualifications:
- Experience managing volunteers
- Technical skills with computers, the internet, and various software packages
- Experience managing a church office
To apply, please email your resume and your response to candidate questions with subject “Office Admin” to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about Fort Collins Unity or the position, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fort Collins Unity Office Administrator Candidate Questions
- Please describe your previous office management experience.
- Please describe your experience with computer technologies, software, the internet, and social media.
- What experience do you have working with volunteers?
- What experience do you have with building or grounds management?
- What other technical or office management skills do you bring to this position?
- Why would you like to serve as the Office Administrator for Unity of Fort Collins?