The Guatemala Team
- ~This group does international service trips to La Bendicion, Guatemala.
- ~They have an Amazon wish list for books to stock the La Bendicion library if you would like to help out.
- ~Check out their photo gallery from past trips.
Are you interested in international service?
A group from Unity and Trees, Water, People visited this community in December of 2015. Trips were also made in November of 2016 and March of 2018 to help further the projects below, and to deliver books, medical supplies, and Days for Girls kits.
Our Unity intentions in this partnership are to:
- ~Develop a friendship and extended community between Unity of Ft. Collins and the Mayan Village of La Bendición.
- ~Support and advocate for their vision of a thriving, regenerative community that lives in harmony with the earth.
- ~Learn the virtues of cooperative community and being “at one” with the environment.
- ~Nurture reciprocity and mutual growth as we work together to create a better world.
Current projects include:
- ~Help build a Community Kitchen with the Women’s Cooperative
- ~Help them develop a Maya Nut Project (for more info, see the Unity Community Corner in the back of the sanctuary)
- ~Fund scholarships for the Spanish interpreters on our work trips
- ~Continue building their Community Library
- ~Support the repair/rebuilding of their village water distribution system (thru grant-writing)
If you are interested in participating in any way, please contact Mike Hawes or Cindy Sargent.
Please also see the La Bendición bulletin board in the Community Corner at Unity (far back corner of the sanctuary).