Unity Technical Assistant
Unity of Fort Collins seeks a Technical Assistant to provide audio, visual, and lighting support in all Unity venues, including online, in-person, and social media. This is a part-time hourly position, typically requiring 3-5 hours/week on weekends.
- Oversee the weekly technical operation of Unity events, with the support of the staff, volunteers and/or contracted help. This includes recording Spiritual Leader talks on Saturdays and preparing for publishing on Facebook for Sunday 10am.
- Ensure CD recording of Sunday talks is completed at all services. Deliver “master” CDs to the Office Admin for copying and adjust quality as required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues for all services
- Provide tech direction, training, support, feedback, and coaching to other staff and volunteers
- Oversee technical needs for special events including opportunities for additional contract work
- Support the Unity ministry team by creating and maintaining quality production and visual standards
- Ensure maintenance of sound system/equipment and acquire/repair equipment as necessary
- Fluent using Zoom and able to set up meetings, pre-recorded services, community connections, saving and making recordings available
- Competency in video editing programs (e.g., Camtasia by TechSmith) to splice, render, and publish videos online
- Able to set up Facebook premier and upload service to YouTube
- Able to create and run Livestream for all services held in-person
- Experience in live audio, live video, and lighting
- Team player who will develop quality working relationships with Unity staff, members, and council and coordinate continual improvement of computer and network resources
- Experience managing volunteers
To apply, please email your resume, contact information, and a statement of your ability to meet required and desired qualifications with subject “Tech Assitant” to firstname.lastname@example.org.