Youth and Family Ministry Director
Unity of Fort Collins seeks a creative, energetic, heart-centered team-player to develop and lead our Youth and Family Ministry. The Youth and Family Ministry Director is a salaried part-time position with opportunities for growth as the program grows. Starting salary range $150-$200/week for approximately 10-12 hours per week.
The Unity of Fort Collins Youth and Family Ministry (YFM) Director is a big-picture thinker who will have the freedom to begin at ground zero to create an imaginative Unity based YFM program that inspires and engages youth from nursery age to 18 years old and their families, as well as encourages active participation from the community at large. The YFM Director will be
in alignment with Unity principles and adept at using technology to do outreach and teaching online, as well as hands on programming with relevant curriculum, age-appropriate classroom environments, community-building activities, and recruiting and empowering a team of well trained adult volunteers.
• Develop youth programs for all ages, beginning with preschool and elementary and expanding to other age groups over time
• Recruit, train, and work with YFM adult volunteers to implement programs
• Select and/or develop relevant age-appropriate Unity Worldwide curriculum and lesson plans, including teachings from many spiritual paths
• Collaborate effectively with Unity Fort Collins ministers and staff in the service of YFM
• Consult with parents to be aware of and best meet children’s unique needs
• Attend council meetings and other meetings as required
• Contribute to weekly Unity newsletter and social media about YFM program updates with written and video content
• On site every Sunday morning when YFM begins to meet in person following COVID
Desired Skills and Talents:
• Tech-savvy, ability to utilize social media to do outreach to families and marketing, and open to learning new software
• Training and experience in youth ministry or youth education
• Team-oriented, collaborative leadership style compatible with adults and children
• Ability to work independently with clear vision and organizational skills, while also collaborating effectively with volunteers, parents, council and ministers
• Commitment to Unity of Fort Collins’ purpose, intention, and core values
• Energetic, enthusiastic, positive outlook and attitude a must!
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line YFM Director. Unity of Fort Collins requires all new hires to clear a background check, including a CAPS check, prior to a final offer of employment.